What Are Different Types of Hair Transplants in Turkey?
GetHair offers quality results in surgery for hair transplant in Turkey and has London-based client services. We have two ISHRS-certified senior Hair Surgeons who have been performing FUE, DHI and FUT at affordable prices within their clients’ budget since 1996.
You can now determine how much involvement a senior hair surgeon will have in your hair
transplant procedure across all our package options.
*ISHRS = The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Hair Transplant Options in Turkey
GetHair is the most popular company around for clients who are searching for high-quality hair transplant services. There are many different hair transplant options in Turkey that a patient can choose from. You need to be able to understand the differences between the available options so you can make a well -informed decision based on the facts when it comes to which is most appropriate for your own needs and wishes.
There are three main types of hair transplant surgeries available from the best Turkish hair transplant clinic services:
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- Sapphire FUE
- Long-hair FUE
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
- DHI (Direct Hair Implantation)
This is the best hair transplant in Turkey and is directly performed by the most experienced doctors in Turkey in 2021. Hair follicles are extracted individually from the back of the head, so this technique is minimally invasive and is as close as possible to being scare less as you can get in terms of hair transplants.
Sapphire FUE is identical to the standard FUE hair transplant in Turkey, apart from the fact that the microsurgery device used at the incision phase is made of a sapphire instead of the usual titanium or steel. You can read more about sapphire hair transplants here.
MicroFUE refers to the extraction device end which is used while harvesting hair follicles from the back of your head. The device end varies between 0.6 to 1mm, and the size used is determined in accordance with your hair follicle thickness. Visit our FUE page to learn more about this.
The long hair FUE, also known as the fully non-shaven FUE, is the ideal choice for patients who would like to return to work the very next day after the procedure. As the name suggests, no hair follicles need to be shaved during this procedure. However, as it requires a great deal of extra care and precision, this procedure is the slowest of all the options to perform. One procedure is usually completed over a period of two or three days.
FUT, also known as the strip method, is the second most performed hair transplant surgery method and is still very popular across Europe and in the US.
The main difference in FUT is that, instead of extracting the hair follicles one at a time, a linear strip of skin tissue is taken from the back of the head. This method leaves a
permanent scar on the back of the head where the scalp tissue has been taken.
Many doctors strongly believe that the additional fat tissue surrounding each of the hair follicles in the strip removed helps the grafts stay alive longer. This is because the fatty tissue delivers enough energy to the cells to survive until they become fully anchored to the skin, which can take around four to five days in total.
DHI is relatively new in the hair transplant industry and mostly chosen by clinics that only employ technicians rather than qualified surgeons. That is because the procedure has an easier learning curve compared to the other methods listed above. Although it is fundamentally an FUE procedure, it differs at the implantation phase, where the implantation of hair follicles is done by a pen-implanter rather than with forceps.
Growth-yield wise, there is no scientific evidence to prove that DHI treatments lead to
better results. The growth yield still relies on the experience of the surgeon and his team.
Cost of a Hair Transplant in Turkey
The cost of a hair transplant in Turkey is significantly cheaper when compared to prices in the UK, the US and the rest of Europe. Having said that, there are still big price differences between individual clinics in Turkey, so it’s important to know why these differences exist and what factors you should take into account before choosing your clinic.
The main factors influencing the typical hair transplant Turkey price are:
- You will pay more if the clinic employs an experienced doctor.
- You will pay more if that doctor is actively involved in the surgery.
- The price goes up if the doctor is accredited by recognised international associations
related to the hair transplant industry, such as the ISHRS and ABHRS.
- Expect to pay more if the clinic only accepts a small number of patients a day.
- The cost will be less if the medical establishment has no doctor and consists solely of health technicians – it’s worth noting that this is illegal in Turkey and most other countries besides.
- You will tend to pay less if the clinic has a doctor, but he or she is not involved in the surgery.
Needless to say, the more experienced the team you trust with your procedure, the better care and treatment you will receive. This is not an area in which you should seek to cut costs without doing due diligence on the quality of the service you will receive.
|Number of Grafts||Technican ONLY Clinics*||Junior Doctor**||Senior Doctor***|
|2000||1500 GBP||2000 GBP||2600 GBP|
|2500||1600 GBP||2100 GBP||2800 GBP|
|3000||1700 GBP||2250 GBP||3000 GBP|
|3500||1750 GBP||2350 GBP||3200 GBP|
|4000||1800 GBP||2500 GBP||3300 GBP|
These clinics do not operate with a doctor as they solely employ technicians or occasionally, nurses. It is illegal in Turkey and many other countries such as the US and UK to perform such an operation without the presence of a doctor.
Risks & Disadvantages:
- Staff have no medical training.
- The whole operation is considered illegal in Turkey.
- High number of patients on a daily basis resulting minimum attention to quality of work and patients
- Poor customer service after the surgery due to very high number of patients and lack of staff
- Has a medical degree
Risks & Disadvantages:
- May not have sufficient training in hair transplant surgeries
- May not have enough experience in hair transplant surgeries
- Highly experienced doctor
- Highly experienced supporting medical staff
- Great patient care before/after surgery
- Limited number of patients a day, meaning more attention to patients
Risks & Disadvantages:
- More expensive compared to other options
- They might suggest less grafts to protect your donor region and health of your scalp tissue (An ethical and medically safer decision)
At GetHair, you will find we operate an entirely transparent pricing policy, and there will be no hidden costs. All our packages include:
The majority of hair transplant clinics in Turkey will require patients to pay a deposit to secure their surgery dates, with the remaining balance becoming due on the date of the surgery itself.
In most cases, you can pay your balance in cash or using a credit card. Beware: some clinics seek to avoid paying tax and so will charge an extra 18% for credit card payments.
There are only a couple of clinics in the country that offer finance or payment plans to cover the hair transplant cost in Turkey. These clinics have an established business presence in the UK or other European countries. You can check our payment plan page to learn more.
GetHair offers you a totally free hair transplant consultation directly from Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu, Dr Ilker Apaydin, or Dr Ekrem Civas. For your face-to-face consultation, you may visit us in one of our offices located worldwide. Alternatively, you can book your consultation online by sending your photos to us and filling in the form below; via WhatsApp; or by emailing them directly to email@example.com.
Expected Results After Hair Transplant Turkey
Although a hair transplant operation performed by experienced doctors results in amazing improvement on how a person looks afterwards, it is also crucial for a patient to understand what type of results are achievable and realistic.
A patient should know that a hair transplant is a proven medical procedure and it works within the medical limits.
Our dear patient Angus has documented his hair transplant experience with many self-made videos on YouTube and exceeded a million reviews.
Our dear patient Callum explains his journey and discusses his hair transplant result with this self-made video.
Hair Transplant in Turkey Explained in 8 Steps
Verify Your Suitability
Choose A Date
Aftercare and Flying Back
First 14 Days
After 3 Months
After 6 Months
After 12 Months
Who is Eligible for a Hair Transplant Surgery?
Unfortunately not all men are suitable for hair transplant surgery. There are many factors that affect someone’s suitability for hair transplant surgery. There are;
- Hair loss level
- Hair loss type
- Existing medical conditions
The top hair surgeons in the world do not accept patients under the age of 25 – 27. Hair loss usually progresses at a fast pace during your early-20s and does not stabilise until your late-20s. Bear in mind that the donor region is a limited source, so it would be better to wait until your hair loss gets stable so that your valuable hair follicles are used wisely.
When someone is in his early-20s, we mostly suggest trying medications to stop or slow down the hair loss. If a person in his early-30s is still experiencing heavy hair loss, he may also consider taking medication.
Not everyone experiences the same level of hair loss. Some men only lose hairs over the hairline. Some also get thin on top but still keep some native hairs. A hair transplant works wonders for men who are categorised between Norwood Scale 2 to 4 (Read more about Norwood scale here). We’ve also achieved very promising results on men who were Norwood 5 but had very strong donor region hair.
A hair transplant is a solution for men and women who experience male pattern hair loss (MPB). There are also other types of alopecia present (a hair transplant is NOT recommended for these). You can read about the other alopecia types here at https://gethair.co.uk/blog/common-hair-loss-types/.
If you have any of the following medical conditions, you may not be suitable for a hair transplant procedure;
- Heart disease
- Hepatitis B
- Underlying skin conditions
Please be realistic – the aim of a hair transplant procedure is to deliver an age-appropriate solution to your hair loss. Although many of our patients speak highly of a hair transplant in Istanbul, you shouldn’t expect miracles from an FUE or FUT hair transplant.
Reasons to Book with GetHair
Benefits of Having A Hair Transplant In Turkey
GetHair has over 400 independent reviews on Reviews.co.uk, each of them written by real patients, explaining their own experience of their pain-free hair transplant in Istanbul.
The reason we have so many satisfied customers is because of our first-rate procedures. Our transplants are carried out at JCI-accredited hospitals with fully trained medical professionals and three ISHRS hair surgeons, licensed clinical nurses and multilingual staff members.
A Cost-effective hair transplant Turkey
You don’t have to be an A-list celebrity to afford a hair transplant.
In Turkey, the majority of hair transplants cost between £1,500 – £3,500, a fraction of the cost you would pay for the exact same hair transplant in UK or USA.
WHY IS IT CHEAPER IN TURKEY?
The Turkish Lira is weak against most of the strong currencies in circulation, such as US Dollar, Euro, Pound Sterling. Clinics spend less on labour cost and lease. Therefore cheap hair transplants are available in Turkey with no compromise on quality.
And the good news is; Turkey has some of the most well-known and experienced hair surgeons around the world.
Here is a list of hair transplant doctors in Turkey with 15-20 years of experience: Best hair surgeons of Turkey list
Follow-up support after your return to the uK
We often hear that patients are reluctant to travel abroad because they are unsure who to contact if they need assistance or aftercare advice.
That’s not the case with GetHair. We offer regular follow-up support in the 12 months after your hair transplant in Turkey. Not only that, but with four offices worldwide, you also have the option of a personal, face-to-face meeting to discuss your hair transplant aftercare.
And all appointments are 100% free, forever.
High number of patients show that turkey is a trusted destination
GREAT BEACHES. AFFORDABLE PRICES. NICE WEATHER. AND NOW, HAIR TRANSPLANTS
Getting a Visa Is straightforward
No Safety Concerns
NO TRAVEL RISK TO ANY NATIONAL
Measuring your expectations accurately is where we excel. Our highly-trained patient consultants are available to assist you throughout your hair transplant journey. For us, a successful procedure starts by answering your questions transparently.
Our Expert Hair Surgeons at GetHair
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Turkey good for hair transplants?
How long does hair transplant take in Turkey?
Do hair transplants last forever?
Yes! FUE hair transplant Turkey can last a lifetime. However, some patients choose to have multiple hair transplants throughout their lifetime depending on the extent of their natural hair loss and the results they hope to achieve. Discuss the results you would like to see with your doctor for his advice on whether more than one treatment will be necessary.
Why are hair transplants so cheap in Turkey?
It’s simply that the costs of living, goods and services are generally lower in this country than in other developed countries. Turkish medical professionals can therefore offer an affordable hair transplant Turkey cost while still delivering the same level of quality or higher. Even with accommodation fees, you’ll still pay 50% less than prices in other countries.
Can you use leg hair for a hair transplant?
Although physically possible, we do not recommend leg hair for various reasons. But body hair from other parts of the body can be transferred to the scalp, but the best method really is to use scalp hair for this procedure. However, don’t be concerned. The average scalp contains plenty of hair that can be used for a transplant.
Can you go bald after a hair transplant?
No; however, it’s entirely normal to experience some hair loss during the first three months after the Turkey hair transplant procedure. The healing usually takes around six to twelve months. Once the healing process is completed, the transplanted follicles begin to grow hair that will fill out any bald patches on your scalp. In addition to this, you may experience more hair loss on your native hair in the future as a hair transplant procedure does not stop natural hair loss.
Are hair transplants painful?
No. Local anaesthesia is administered, along with post-operative pain medications. While no surgery is fully painless, and you may feel some brief and temporary levels of discomfort, the best Turkish hair transplant clinic will ensure that this is kept within acceptable levels throughout.
How many grafts are needed for a full head?
Typically, it takes around 5,000 – 6,000 grafts to cover a whole bald scalp “front to back” with adequate density. The majority of patients usually consult doctors long before they reach this level of hair loss, however. Fewer grafts are needed if the treatment is for thinning on certain scalp parts.
Are hair transplants worth it?
Yes. You can guarantee a greater degree of success with hair transplants than with over-the-counter hair restoration products. But as with any form of surgery, there are various factors to consider. For instance, only between 10% to 30% of hair grow back three to four months after the procedure. And like regular hair, transplanted hair may thin over time but do not fall of permanently due to the different genetic code.
Is hair transplant in Turkey safe?
Yes, hair transplants in Turkey are guaranteed safe. More often than not, the side effects are minimal to none, and nothing will go wrong after this simple surgery. That doesn’t mean, though, that you should forego due diligence. Make sure you’re choosing a reliable clinic with qualified professionals and a great track record in safety.
List Of Minor Complications You Might Have After A Hair Transplant
Just as with any surgery, you may experience some side effects after a hair reconditioning in Turkey. However, these are usually minor and will recede within a matter of weeks. Possible side effects include:
- Infection or inflammation of the hair follicles, also known as folliculitis.
- Unnatural-looking tufts of hair.
- Sudden or shock loss of transplanted hair – this is only temporary.
- Lack of sensation or numbness on the treated areas of the scalp.
- Swelling of the scalp.
- Bruising around the eyes.
- Infection or bleeding.
- A temporary crust forming on the treated area as it heals.
Things To Consider When Looking For A Hair Transplant Clinic In Turkey
If you are looking to book hair replacement in Turkey, then it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Do your research. Just as with any purchase or decision, make sure you do your research before diving into it. Aim to find the best clinics in Turkey that provide the most reliable and safest results in terms of transplants.
- Ask for their accreditations. It’s important to ensure the facility you’re having your transplant done at is accredited by reputable organisations. Also, don’t forget to check for surgeons’ licences.
- Check who will do the surgery. Make sure that the quoted physician will actually perform the surgery rather than delegating it to a junior member of staff with less experience.
- Ask for credentials. Don’t make assumptions based on a doctor’s titles alone. Check that he or she is Board Certified and accredited to do surgery in Turkey.
- Read online reviews. You’ll probably find plenty of reviews about various clinics online. Check not only that these are positive but also that they are authentic. Some clinics may have fabricated some or all of their reviews.
A Brief Guide On How To Care For A Hair Transplant
Here’s what you should do after a hair transfer in Turkey:
- Keep your head wrapped for the full day after surgery. We will provide you an appropriate headwear to protect your new hair after the procedure. Please do not wear a bandana, head scarf, or headband immediately after your surgery. Be careful not to pull a graft away when removing the headgear.
- Pay attention to warning signs. You will typically experience some swelling, redness, and pain on your scalp after your hair transplant. However, monitor your condition and call your doctor immediately if you’re concerned about any side effects.
- Take your medications. The physician will prescribe you some medication after the procedure. It’s extremely important that you take it according to the instructions you’re given.
- Don’t scratch. There may be some itchiness on or around the transplanted area. Avoid picking the scabs or scratching, as you may damage the root hair.
Things To Do Before Hair Transplant Surgery
Below are a few things you should do before your hair treatment in Turkey:
- Meet with your surgeon to ask any last-minute questions.
- Don’t smoke for at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Don’t schedule any activities immediately after the surgery, as you will need to stay home and rest for a couple of days.
- Ask someone to accompany you on the day of your surgery.
For more information on hair restoration in Turkey and the results you can expect, feel free to make an appointment to talk to one of our professional surgeons today.
Our COVID-19 Measures
10 Barley Mow Passage, 2S.04
London, W4 4PH
Ruzgarli Bahce, Oztürk Sk. , Kavacik Beykoz